Kentucky Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
Mission & Benefit of Membership
Established in 1993, the Kentucky Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus (KACVB) is a non-profit Kentucky association with membership exclusive to executive directors of tourist & convention commissions and convention & visitors bureaus in Kentucky. The purpose of KACVB is to provide the following benefits to executive tourism directors across the state:
- Encourages ongoing educational opportunities for members that enhance their proficiency.
- Maintains relationships with other tourism industry organizations that address common issues.
- Supports high standards of professional practices throughout the tourism industry.
- Provides forums for personal interactions among members (networking).
- Monitors and influences government policies and programs affecting members and the tourism industry.
- Improves public awareness and understanding of the tourism industry’s economic and social contributions to society.
- Provides professional development to tourism directors through networking, meetings, and seminars.
- Membership is exclusive to only executive directors of tourist commissions and visitors bureaus.
© Kentucky Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus